Hey YouNubers, how ya doin’? This week I’ve got a quick hit-list of five tips to get people to subscribe to your channel. In the early goings (starting from zero), it’s fine to do the whole “sub-for-sub” thing, so long as you’re not spamming a random video’s comment section. But here are a few less-cringy ways to get people to hit up your channel:
- Have a contest: people love winning things, and it won’t cost you a whole lot to buy a gift card and run a Facebook ad asking people to subscribe for a chance to win some money.
- Engage with similar channels: find channels that are similar to yours in content and audience size and start engaging with them. Watch their videos, leave comments, and try to throw your channel out there for them to check out. But make sure you’ve explored their stuff genuinely before leaving a comment telling them to check your channel.
- Join groups on Facebook/Reddit that embrace your type of content and encourage group sharing: these subreddits and fan groups can be a great place to engage with other likeminded creators and expose people to the content you’re making. Hit ’em up!
- Do a collaboration video: not only should you engage with a similar creator’s content, you should pitch to said creator the idea of doing a collaboration video. Just make sure your locations work and the creator you’re pitching to has a similar sized audience. I run a gaming channel but that doesn’t mean I should pitch to jacksepticeye to do a collab.
- Make good content: obvious answer, I know, but hear me out: your content needs to be the best it can be before you start really gunning for subs. As we’ve all come to learn, the first few vids aren’t super hot, but as you go on and get better, people will enjoy your stuff and be more inclined to subscribe. Oh, and if you’re shooting with your phone STOP SHOOTING VERTICALLY. Flip your phone horizontal and shoot landscape if you intend on throwing it up on YouTube.
And those are my top 5 tips for getting people to subscribe. Do you have any tried-and-true methods for getting people to click that sub button? Lemme know in the comments.